Hi. Let me first introduce myself. (I am new to blogging so bare with me. lol) My name is Sara and I am a stay-at-home mommy of 5. I have 3 girls and 2 boys; Kaitlyn-11, Bryan-9, Joshua-7, Emilee-4 and Madalyn-2. My husband, Andrew, and I have been married for 12 years and we live in the very small town of Brooklyn, MS...about 30 miles south of Hattiesburg. We moved here from Madison, MS about 4 years ago. It was definitely a transition moving from the city to a small town in the country, there's certainly no more "just running to the store", lol. But I must say that now I really do enjoy the quiet and the space.
I have always had a love for cooking and event planning...as far back as I can remember. The older I got the more I would experiment and try different things. I eventually became a serious home cook. My husband and I often entertain and there is always LOTS to eat (I have a tendency to go overboard when I cook for guests LOL). Everyone always complimented my cooking and I always got the greatest joy out of that. So about a year ago I decided why not take it a step further?! I have enrolled in catering classes and have begun the process of starting my own catering business. I have already catered 2 weddings and a business luncheon. I also have very recently joined in on the new cake ball craze and have orders for those coming up! I'm so excited and am having the best time!
Now....I just have to make sure I can keep up with all of this along with chasing after my 5 children and making time for the hubby....it's always a crazy day here in the Alston household!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment