Well as you know I have been on a search for the perfect blueberry muffin! Well I found a recipe called "to die for blueberry muffin". Hmmmm......maybe to die for in another sense? lol (Ok that was a bit harsh I know) These were terrible. They were dry and bland. I realize that muffins have a tendency to be dry if you aren't careful but come on! The reviews were mixed but the good reviews were GREAT reviews and truthfully there were more good than bad. So I decided to give them a try (even though I was hesitant because of the amount of vegetable oil it called for, maybe this was the problem). Needless to say I will NOT be making these again!!! (In all fairness, I will say that it is possible that I did something wrong but I really think it's just the recipe)
So on to the next recipe!!! I knew as I was mixing this that it was the one!! Everything about the batter was perfect!! I was trying not to get my hopes up before they were done but I was definitely excited. Well, I patiently waited for them to be done but once that timer went off I became a little impatient! LOL I was in a huge hurry to get these out of the pan. I did not use liners and I didn't want to wait long enough for these to cool so as I'm trying to pop them out of the pan the perfect tops came off of a few. Oh well, I'm sure I'll be more patient next time!! Cause Oh Yes, there will be a next time!! These are the perfect muffins!!! They are as good, if not better than restaurant or bakery kinds! I was so excited!!! Now it's time to try this recipe with other flavors!! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment