Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Great Muffin Search!!

Well, I am on this huge muffin kick lately. Who doesn't like muffins, right? Well I think my love for muffins started years ago when I lived in Memphis. Although I've always liked muffins, the blueberry muffins from Perkins are to die for...in my opinion!! Well, I think that this is the muffin I am searching for. I know that I may not find one quite this good but I can atleast try can't I? :) My muffin recipe search started with the raspberry jam muffins (see post below). They were good but not exactly what I was looking for. So I found a different recipe and started with strawberry. This is a funny story! LOL For some strange reason, lack of sleep maybe or kids distracting me, who knows, but I read that it calls for 2 1/2 TBSP of baking powder!! I remember thinking it seemed like alot but I still added it anyways. Well, as I am reading through another recipe I notice it calls for 2 TSP! I quickly go back and check and yep, sure enough it called for 2 1/2 TSP not TBSP!!! Duh!! LOL The muffins weren't terrible but were definitely not great. I also noticed that they just weren't quite sweet enough, seemed a little bland. (which could have been partly due to the excess baking powder?)

 Well so using this same recipe I add a little bit more sugar, only 2 TSP of baking powder and also added a touch of vanilla. These turned out MUCH better! I made these for a friend and unfortunately forgot to take a picture of these! :(

Today I decided to try these in Peach using the same recipe. They were very good as well!
Tomorrow I will be trying out 2 other recipes that I have found. We'll see how they are. I'm determined to find the perfect recipe! Wish me luck! :)

I hope all you mothers out there have had a wonderful mother's day!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment